Sunday 10 June 2012

Handmade 2012: Magnetic Reminder Pegs


I am forever making lists, and wanted somewhere pretty to keep them. Thus, I decided to make a batch (one to keep, some to gift) of these Magnetic Reminder Pegs.

The up-cycled pegs look pretty and are very cheap and simple to make. I started with some basic wooden clothes pegs, which I bought for 99p from Wilkinsons.


I then painted them in my chosen colours, using tester pot paints. Many moons ago, when I was into making greeting cards, I bought a few packs of rub on alphabets [similar to the ones pictured below] from Hobbycraft. These came in handy for creating the words on each peg.

Rub on alphabet

Then all that was left to do was add a magnet to the back. I like to use a sticky magnetic strip that can be cut to size. And Bob's your uncle (well actually he's my dad). Thrifty, beautiful and cheap - my favourite formula!


No comments:

Post a Comment