Wednesday 18 January 2012

Handmade 2012: Playdough


A friend of mine (well he's my very good friend's hubby) has been really poorly of late. In and out of hospital (over Christmas and new year), with problem after problem, and now bored at home in recovery. So what better present to make for him but playdough? Thrifty and fun!

I followed a very simple budget busting recipe that was handed down from my mum:

Mix a cup of boiling water with half a cup of salt and 2 tbsp of cooking oil. Give in a good stir then add 2 cups of plain flour, a drop of food colouring. Knead and then leave to cool.


For presentation purposes, I sprayed an empty cat food box black. I also decided to decorate the empty jam jars. Since I had made three different colours of playdough, (blue, yellow and red) I figured I'd stick to this theme and attached three of my son's old plastic cookie cutters to the jam jar lids, in corresponding colours. The result? A lovely (yet inexpensive) present to help pass the time on the road to recovery.




No comments:

Post a Comment