Tuesday 2 October 2012

Our Pretty Home

Every now and again I tweet (@QueenThrift) a picture of something delicious and wonderful from around our home. I've since received a few requests for more! This is music to my ears, because I love nothing better than spending the day in second-hand shops or car boot sales rummaging for pretty thrifty finds.

VoilĂ ! Ask and you shall receive. Here are some of my favourite pieces from my two favourite rooms in our home. The Family/Living Room and the Reading Room:

THE BASEMENT (our Family/Living Room):

Too nice to keep outside
Our 6 year old's artwork
Big fan of old boxes as storage

We <3 Studio Ghibli

Even the basement door is beautiful!
Monochrome kids dvd shelves (and some art from Cuba)


My fella is a genius! Homemade entertainment unit.



GROUND FLOOR (Reading Room):

I bought Jesus from Angel market. Haggled to £20 as he has no arms!
To think, my folks wanted to throw that telly away!

Upcycled lampshade from a colander.
Totoro's home
I made these cushion from bird seed sacks.

2 comments:

  1. Just as lovely as I expected!! So many great ideas - love the pallets as TV storage!
    Thank you for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most welcome :-) I think next time I'll let y'all have a nosey around my six year old son's amazing bedroom!

    ReplyDelete